With Deepest Regrets we share the loss of a Legend of Homeopathy of this era, Dr. PRASANTA BANERJI. The man who created a history of sorts in has left a Legacy of Knowledge of Homeopathy.
He suffered from a sudden heart attack and letter left for the Heavenly – Abode.
Dr. Prasanta Banerji, Founder and Director, Prasanta Banerji Homeopathic Research Foundation, is famed for establishing “The Banerji Protocols” of treatment. This is a protocol that has brought lucidity and user friendliness into a treatment form using ultra dilutional medicines.
Dr. Prasanta Banerji was a consultant physician, an Honorary Advisor to the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, as a member of a key advisory group of experts, and also of an apex committee. Dr. Banerji had also been a Member of the Program Advisory Committee for the National Cancer Control Programme of the Government of India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Carrying the legacy of Shri Ishwarchandra Bandhopadhyay he later received the title of “Vidyasagar”(ocean of knowledge) …
Dr. Prasanta Banerjee turned out to be a Vidyasagar in true sense for the Homeopathic fraternity!!
Dr. Prasanta Banerji: At A Glance
- Prasanta is the second son of Dr. Pareshnath Banerji, who is a grandson of Pundit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar – Sanskrit scholar, educator, reformer, writer and philanthropist from Bengal, who was considered to be one of the greatest intellectuals and activists of the nineteenth century.
- Prasanta was born at Jamalpur, Bihar, on October 17, 1933.
- Prasanta studied in the Institute Of Homeopathy, Mihijam, Bihar, India.
- He started practicing at his father’s clinic at Mihijam from 1956
- Prasanta migrated to Kolkata in 1958 and established a clinic with a view of getting the scope of utilizing his knowledge of Homeopathy for the benefit of the teeming millions of the country.
- A second clinic was established in 1986
- Active and agile, octagenarian Prasanta regularly practices at his Elgin Road clinic , treating mainly cancer patients.
From being a Stubborn Homeopath to being an inspiration for many homoeopaths, his journey is commendable.
Homeopathy has definitely lost a pioneer but can surely say!!
– ‘Non inutilisvixi` (I have not lived in vain)
We convey to Dr Pratik Banerji (and Dr Avijit n Dr Shudipto) Our Heartfelt Condolences and Sincere Prayers for the departed Noble Soul…