JD Version Date (last revision date): (11/30/2018)
TITLE: Project Officer-Ahmedabad
PROGRAM(S) / DEPARTMENT(S): Program
COST CENTER CODE(S): EAISI Phase-2
REPORTS TO (Title Only): Project Coordinator
The primary project strategy is to provide technical assistance (TA) to the state and district health systems to improve access to quality FP services. Since IUD services has been identified as a major gap in the FP services available in the public health system in India, the project will focus on increasing access to high quality IUD services including post-partum IUD, post abortion IUD and interval IUD services. The project will be implemented 3 years in Rajasthan and Gujarat till March 2020. It is designed to improve IUD service delivery by training and coaching providers in selected facilities of these 2 states. Interventions to strengthen service delivery and create enabling environment by developing capacity of Districts Health managers and District Data Managers and facility administrators; during this time.
The Project Officer will be responsible for coordinating with divisional/district level government offices, timely implementation of the project’s activities in the assigned cluster (including 3-4 districts) as per work plan; for documentation, analysis, and reporting the results.
- Develop work plans for the assigned area
- Liaise with district health officials – Joint directors, Chief Medical Officers, District Program Managers, and Block Program Managers; District Health Society; Block health officials – Medical Officer In Charges and other staff at facility; other stakeholders to create supportive environment for the project.
- Facilitate assessment of facility readiness of phase II facilities to provide FP services as per guidelines of national government
- Coordinate and organize centralized trainings of Phase I facility participants, Training of District Trainers, District managers and Data entry operators.
- Coordinate and organize onsite training on PPIUD/IUD/PAIUCD service delivery for staff nurses, Auxiliary Nurse Midwives (ANMs) and Medical Officers
- Provide guidance to the facility staff and orient them on the quality of PAFP, PPFP and FP service delivery and focus on gaps at facilities
- Conduct trainings on Infection Prevention guidelines and practices for facility staff
- Supporting and handholding data entry operators of facilities to feed in monthly data in EAISI software and address gaps related to data entry.
- Conduct orientation for ASHAs and other outreach workers to enhance their skills in counseling for FP services
- Support the MCTTs to develop a plan for follow up of trained providers
- Identify supply side issues related to FP services
- Regularly monitor the facilities to ensure counseling services are available and informed choice and voluntarism is maintained at the project selected facilities
- Able to analyze data of assigned area and provide constructive feedback to the facilities on the basis of gap identified
- Follow-up of 3%-5% of clients receiving IUCD services in intervention facilities and document findings.
- Document project activities and prepare monthly progress reports for their assigned area and provide input for the quarterly and annual project’s reports.
- Work closely with other project staff, especially Mobile Clinical Trainers to coordinate efforts for supporting project’s implementation
- Support the Project Coordinator in overall implementation of project in designated cluster
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Postgraduate in Health Management, Public Health, Bachelors in Ayurveda or Homeopathic Medicine or in related areas
- At least three years of experience of working on family planning, reproductive health, and quality assurance of health facilities is desired
- Experience in communications and advocacy is desirable
- Experience in facilitating training is desirable
- Experience of working with international NGOs, NGOs, district administration, public health facilities will be an advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good working knowledge of reproductive health; family planning; IUD – advantages, prevalent myths and misconceptions in community and how to overcome them
- Good knowledge on quality improvement and quality assurance of health services
- Strong communication, facilitation, liaison, and motivation skills
- Good training skills
- Ability to collect data; expertise in compilation; analysis of data and writing reports
- Must have Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel and stay during trainings at peripheral health facilities and villages (up to 75% of time)
- Local candidate with own vehicle and willing to travel within a district will be preferred
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Acknowledgement (Employee) Date
For & On Behalf of EngenderHealth Date
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.indeed.co.in/viewjob?jk=89ed6bf3290d4ffd&q=homeopathic&tk=1cvmvu8rpbmhg800&from=ifa&utm_source=publisher&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ifa_catch_all&pub=27aa87c293c3826fbba67b1ab1d37e9f →